GDPR - Fair Processing Notice
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Spiritualists’ National Union Trust, limited by guarantee.Registered in England No. 11382378, Charity No. 1182379 (England and Wales) with our registered office at Burton End Lodge, Stansted Hall, Stansted, Essex CM24 8UD (“we” or “us”). We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z217275X and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
· When you purchase or enquire about our services and/or goods directly from us;
· from your use of our website
· from your attendance at our events;
· when you telephone us;
· when you make a complaint or general enquiry; and
· from your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, and payment card numbers).
We collect the following information about you:
· telephone number;
· e-mail address
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
· to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
· to process withdrawals, receipts and other financial transactions as required by you.
· to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer; and
· to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you;
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
• In order to process online requests via our website, your information may be disclosed to anyone acting on our behalf to carry this out;
• Your information may be disclosed to third parties who are storing this data on our behalf;
• With statutory authorities in relation to any matters relating to membership and registration.
• In the event of non-payment, we may disclose your information to allow us to recover any sums due to us under the contract we have with you.
• To share your details with the Spiritualists’ National Union
• To confirm your contact details with Mercury Insurance Brokers
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally
required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have
You have the right at any time to:
· require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
· make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
· object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact Lesley.email@example.com
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records
updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.